So you've decided to do your first triathlon! You've heard people talking about triathlon suits or 'tri suits' for short. What are they? How do you pick the right one?
Never fear, we're here to help!
How to Choose a Tri Suit
1. Ensure it has a good level of padding in the posterior region. Not so important in the swim and run parts of the race, but definitely a factor to consider for the bike...
2. A quick drying suit is very important. Water has weight and it also increases the level of friction between fabric and skin. Choose a quick drying tri suit to help minimise and ideally avoid chafing.
3. Make sure your suit offers good UV protection. Depending on the length of your triathlon, you could be out in the sun for a long time.
4. Pick a tri suit with pockets or a pouch. This will help you carry any gels or other fuel and is usually located at the back of the suit.
5. Look for a suit that is seamless or has flatlock seams to minimise chafing.
6. Find one with a zip on the front and without a pull string (really annoying on the bike.)